The Ozeri Epicurean Digital Kitchen Scale is a beautiful, stylish and functional set of Digital Kitchen Scales. With a non-removable weighing platform made from shatter-resistant glass and a stylish, curved design, this set of scales would look at home in any modern kitchen.
To be honest, my first impression was something along the line of, “Wow, these things look damn good.” The curved top is made with reflective glass, making the whole unit easy to keep clean.
They also take AAA batteries (provided), instead of the oversized watch batteries that every other set of digital scales I’ve had take. No more worries about “where the hell do I get batteries for this thing?!”
The Ozeri Epicurean Digital Kitchen Scale Specifications
- Has a max capacity of 5000g / 176oz (5kg / 11lbs)
- Touch button operation
- Tare function (an allowance made for the weight of the packaging in order to determine the net weight of goods From Mac OS Dictionary)
- Unit conversion function for US and Metric units
- Automatically resets to zero on removal of goods
- Overload and low battery indicators
- Powered by 4xAAA batteries (included)
- Turns off automatically after 2 minutes of inactivity
Pros and Cons
There are definitely more pros for this scale than cons!
- Easy to use
- Stylish and smart; will look at home in any modern kitchen
- Extremely accurate – I checked several products in my kitchen that were marked with their weight, and other than the discrepancy for packaging weight, they weighed the products correctly
- They’re powered by 4xAAA batteries, instead of the short-lifed watch batteries that most other digital kitchen scales take
- Because the weighing platform is non-removable, there’s no chance of dropping it or losing it!
- Extremely hygienic and easy to keep clean due to the stylish glass finish
- Takes up a bit more surface space than other scales, digital or manual
As you can see from the video at the top, the Ozeri Epicurean Digital Kitchen Scale is easy to use, stunning to look at, and suitable for both Imperial and Metric measurements.
With its four corners firmly on the worktop/counter, it’s steady and unlikely to give you an inaccurate measurement. While it takes up a little more surface area than most other scales, it’s by centimetres only, and entirely worth it.
The instant-response buttons are a joy, and unlikely to break.
The glass top and weighing platform mean it’s easy to keep clean, and extremely hygienic.
I’m thrilled to be able to use these, even if it’s a small thing. Rather than trying to settle a bowl on my other scales, or fiddling with the manual dial to zero it out, these scales are fast, responsive, and wonderful to look at.
I’m giving them a rating of ★★★★1/2 out of five; 1/2 star lost simply because of the larger-than-I’m-used-to surface area.
(It’ll be fine once I get rid of my other scales!)
The Epicurean Digital Kitchen Scale by Ozeri is available through Ozeri at Amazon.co.uk, currently for sale at £19.95 (price correct at time of publishing).
I have received no monetary compensation for this review. I was provided with 1 (one) set of Epicurean Digital Kitchen Scales in order to provide an honest and unbiased review. All opinions are my own.
If you would like me to review your product, please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org, although requesting a review does not guarantee acceptance.Let's get social: